Saturday, February 28, 2004

Rawson

Town, capital of Chubut province, southern Argentina. It lies along the Chubut River near the latter's mouth, about 5 miles (8 km) upriver from the Atlantic coast. It was founded in 1865 by Welsh settlers and named after Guillermo Rawson (1821–90), then Argentine minister of the interior. Although the port has declined in importance, there are small installations for fisheries. A beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home